As Director of the College Advising Division, let me welcome you to The Enrichment Center. With 35 years in the field of education, and over 23 years of experience in college counseling, I’m excited to be leading our innovative program that works with students throughout their high school years to give them the best preparation possible, before making that final commitment of college selection and acceptance. I’m proud that our unique program includes the following features:
- Experienced college counselors staffing the program and working together with students
- State-of-the-art techniques used to assist students and parents in the college selection and financial aid processes
- Special topic programs available to both students and parents
- Personalization to meet the student’s needs — we don’t use a “cookie cutter” approach
- Students will have the opportunity to work with our staff from 8th grade through senior year
I have made my career in the academic world since 1968 when I earned my B.A. in History. In addition, I earned my M.A. in Student Personnel Services and Counseling, from Montclair State College, and pursued Doctorate work at Rutgers University.
As an active participant in all areas of academic counseling, I’ve participated in many organizations, conferences and supporting activities. Some of my positions include:
- Past President of the New Jersey Association For College Admission Counseling
- Member of The College Board, the National Association For College Admission Counseling, the New Jersey School Counselors’ Association and the Bloomfield College Advisory Board (1996 – 1999)
- Member of the Secondary School Advisory Board for the Educational Testing Service (ETS) – Princeton, NJ
- Executive Board Member of NJACAC (1989 – present)
- Co-Chair of Regional College Fair Committee for Northern New Jersey (1998 – 2003)
I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experiences with others in my profession, and have presented at numerous conferences, including:
- NACAC (1992, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002)
- NJACAC (1987 – 2003)
- College Board (2001 and 2002)
- Pennsylvania Association For College Admission Counseling (2003)
- New York Association For College Admission Counseling (2001 and 2002)
- University of Rochester Secondary School Issues Conference (2003)
In addition, my work has been shared in publications such as The Journal of College Admission, and College Matters, a newspaper column appearing in the Today publication.
I am honored to have been recognized for my contributions in this field, with awards from the New Jersey Counselors Association, the National Association for College Admission Counseling, and the NJACAC — including both a Special Service award and the Robert Biunno Award for Extraordinary Service.
In addition to my work in academic counseling, I am passionate about sports coaching, and have over thirty years of experience as varsity head coach on the high school and college level for basketball and track/field.